Hello Everyone! I am a bit late on my #AskAwayFriday this week but I am so happy to say ‘better late than never’ because this week I am connecting with Alison from Embrace The Struggle. I can’t remember exactly how we met first whether through Twitter or a LinkUp of some sort BUT I can say that once the connection with her was made I knew it was one I was glad to have.
Alison is a truly special and blessed woman who knows how to spread encouragement and uplift a person through her words. Her positivity and love are evident in everything she writes. I suggest you go by her page immediately after reading my answers to her questions. I promise it will not be a click you will regret. Alison expresses her faith and belief in God to help us face life’s challenges, overcome them come out empowered and then help others. I believe this is something we should all try to do. If we can each help lift someone else from where we once were the world would be so much better. So Don’t forget…Embrace The Struggle…Check Her Out!
Now here are the questions Alison had for me…
1. What’s your #1 blogging goal to achieve one year from now?
I want to have at least 4,000 Followers and 15,000 Page Views a month. Why? So that I can join Social Fabric
. When I first started my Blog I saw their button on someone’s blog and then another and another. I clicked it after maybe the 4th time and was truly impressed. I wanted to join but when I saw the requirements I knew that as a ‘Newbie’ my stats simply weren’t there yet. Perhaps I can reach this goal before a year, but I definitely would hope to be there by a year.
I would also like to have an e-book written and published by this time. I love to write and think this would be a great step to getting a book on shelves one day.
2. What’s the most physically adventurous thing you’ve done?
Girl. I am the least physically adventurous person there is. Seriously. I’m not even sure I can answer this with a straight face. LOL 😀 Hmm….to give an answer and not leave a blank I would have to say giving birth. It was physical and with my Kiddies and each of their crazy birthing stories it was definitely an adventure!
3. What color of clothing are you least likely to wear? Why?
Yellow. I have a lot of yellow to my skin tone so when I where yellow I look like a big ol’ banana. I may where a very pale shade (like a pastel) but the pure straight on primary yellow…EH…not so much.
4. What’s your prized possession that you still have from high school? Why is it so special to you?
Unfortunately, I don’t really have anything left from High School. When we moved out of my childhood home my grandmother still had most of my stuff in her basement. I was supposed to go back and go through everything once we got settled. Then she had some flooding and a lot of it got ruined. What wasn’t messed up immediately, eventually began to mold or just get gross. She ended up throwing most of my stuff out. I do have my diploma so I treasure that simply because it’s literally all I have left.
5. Which personality trait do you hope your kids inherit from you?
Hahaha! This is funny. My oldest daughter is my mini-me in almost every way. She is organized, anal about EVERYthing and always has to be in charge. At the same time she is very shy, introverted and draws into herself when faced with crowds (same as her Momma). So, I would say she has both my good traits and some of the ones I wish I could help her get over as well.
6. List your top three social media outlets, in order of importance, and explain why they matter to you.
– this was my first venture into the area of Blogging. I made some of my Very First networking and Blogger connections here and value it as my most important asset. I can make direct contact with someone on a day to day basis and on many levels of their lives not just what they list on their blog. It is more personal and we are able to become friends. I am also able to make contact with Brands and potential Sponsors or Affiliates. This makes Twitter
a multi-purpose outlet which is something that simply adds to it’s value for me.
– here I can keep my readers who may not actually be fellow Bloggers updated with what’s going on with my Blog. I think there are times we forget that every reader may not be a Blogger and have access to resources such as BlogLovin
to follow us. With my Facebook Page
I can give a status as to when I have a new post published as well as interact with them on a personal level about my day-to-day dealings.
– I’ve found that with Google+
I can connect with all 4 of my most important audience members: Fellow Bloggers, Potential Readers, Current Readers and Business Contacts. Google+
has been able to help me reach out to all or a select section of these areas with just a click. Once you get used to using it, i would definitely count it as a top social media outlet.
7. Which food item can you not stand at all? Why?
Uncooked Chicken! I HATE cleaning, cutting and even cooking it! It feels too much like flesh!
I also truly despise eating ANYTHING with a slimmy or slippery texture. I know it’s weird but I just can’t. I will totally gag. If my husband makes those shrimp with like garlic sauce or whatever, yeah I’m ordering out. I cook my chicken all the way dry because I can’t stand too much moisture that may come across as slimmy. Ugh. Eh. I’m getting grossed out just typing it!
8. What’s your favorite Bible verse? Why?
It give me assurance even in my most difficult situations that God is still behind the scenes working for my GOOD!
9. What’s a sure-fire way for someone to destroy a friendship with you?
Lie. I don’t tolerate or entertain any form of a liar or the lies they tell. Sorry…um not so sorry.
10. What personal habit in others annoys you the most?
Messiness. I’m so sorry. I try my best to sit and be polite and nice. It simply sets my OCD into overdrive. It’s not in a mean or judgmental way either. I just can’t take it is all. I will be sitting there trying to figure out what I can clean first. LOL
So, those are the answers to my questions from Alison
. Did you like them? I know I had a great time answering them and I think she came up with some really great ones on a good range of topics. Don’t forget to go by Embrace The Struggle
and see what I had to ask her.
Blogger & Social Media Influencer
Tiffany is the ‘ Tee’ behind TheMrsTee.com - a Lifestyle Blog created as a place to share her love of all things Faith, Family, Fashion, Food, Fun, Tech & Travel. Tiffany has established her influence within both the Blogging and Vlogging Communities. She is a 2016 VOTY Award Honoree, Contributing Author with iBlog Magazine and BlogHer.com. Tiffany has also been a Panelist for the MomsEveryday TV Show for 2 Seasons.
Latest posts by TheMrsTee (see all)