That’s right! I’ve been nominated for 2 Sunshine Awards and I can’t wait to pass them on! How awesome is my life right now? This is always a great honor and who can’t use a bit of Sunshine especially with the days getting chillier? First I want to say Thank You to my 2 Nominators:
Anneliese from Superfresh Babypants
Becka from Probably Crafting
I met both of these ladies through the Newbie Blogging Support and Share Group and they are wonderful Bloggers with simply awesome Blogs. Please be sure to go visit them.
1. Acknowledge your Nominator(s).
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions from your Nominator(s).
4. List 11 bloggers who you believe deserve to be nominated and recognized.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all of those bloggers know that you nominated them for The Sunshine Award.
(You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you).
Thanks again Anneliese and Becka. Since I have 2 Nominations in such a short time frame I’m going to
cheat umm…combine a few of the rules and give one set of Random Facts as well as Nominations (only listing 11 instead of 22) but I will still answer each of my Nominators questions (the full 22).
- I used to bite my nails incessantly until I started getting acrylic tips. Then they grew so fast I didn’t even need the tips anymore. Of course now, I have no nails because I can’t find the time to keep up with them. Good thing short nails are back in! 😉
- I LOVE socks and switching them up. I used to ask for them in every Secret Santa at my jobs or even church. Trust me you don’t even want to look at my sock drawer!
- As a child, I would go through coloring books so fast. It was relaxing and my favorite activity with my closest Aunt. She even showed me how to outline and shade just using the crayons. She was really talented. I still enjoy coloring but don’t get to do it as much.
In High School, I wanted to be an English teacher.
All of my friends use to give me their papers and writings to proof read. They would put my OCD and love of English to good use.
I graduated from College with a typing speed of 180 WPM. Needless to say it’s fallen off a bit. LMBO
I went to an ALL Girls Catholic High School.
I was so nerdy, I asked for a calculator for Christmas one year. In my defense it was one of the fancy accounting calculators with the rolling receipt paper and everything. that same Aunt got it for me and I was adding up EVERYthing!
You can make me happy by dropping me off in a bookstore any day.
I had a pager (yes I said pager) from age 15 and I bought it with my own money from my first job.
I ran track for all of 2 weeks because my Grandmother didn’t want to bring me to the 6am meets.
My Questions from
Anneliese from Superfresh Babypants:
1. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee most definitely! It is my love, obsession and addiction…in the most healthiest of ways! LOL
2. Favorite season?
Fall…I love the crisp air, holidays and fashion.:
- It’s the perfect snuggle weather without being too frigid.
- It has 2 of my favorite Holidays to celebrate with my Kiddies: Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- I can bring out my boots, sweaters and hoodies!
3. Favorite Holiday?
Christmas! I love nothing more than staying up all night on wrapping present and then seeing my Kiddies faces that morning. We spend all day just lounging around and enjoying each other. Hands down my favorite day of the year!
4. Why did you start blogging?
I’ve answered this in several different forms here and here. In general I felt a need for an outlet for the inner voice that reacts, reflects and simply rejoices at life’s ups and downs. To me my Blog has been the perfect outlet.
5. Favorite vacation spot and why?
I haven’t found a favorite vacation spot since we haven’t really had many true vacations. I would love to return to our Aloha Home one day to simply relax and minus the stress that accompanied it the first few times we were there.
6. Does technology make your life easier or harder?
Easier. Without question. I am able to schedule appointments, keep track of my Teenager, stay in contact with friends and family, manage my household…the list is endless. I Heart Technology!
7. What’s the strangest or quirkiest thing you do that other people may not know about?
Hmmm…I’ve shared a lot already but perhaps the fact that I can’t sleep in a room with lights on? I know not that strange or quirky but it drives my Hubby nuts. I need total darkness or I will just lay there.
8. Public school, private school or home school?
For me or my Kiddies? I went to private school my entire life. My oldest started out in private school but since the schools down south are really good and private school options can be rather limited he and my younger Kiddies are currently attending Public Schools. They have awesome teachers and I am happy with the education they are receiving. I am a very hands on parent so I stay on top of their progress on a daily basis.
9. Favorite social media site?
Twitter! I love the instant connections and update abilities. I have met and created more connections and friends through Twitter than through any other social media site.
10. How do you unwind at the end of the day?
Cuddles with my Hubby. He is my support and strength.
11. Do you recycle, toss or hoard stuff?
Recycle & Toss combination. Hoard NEVER. I don’t like mess. OCD Issues. SorryNotSorry.
My Questions from
Becka from Probably Crafting:
1. Where would you like to live if you could pick anywhere on the planet?
On the planet? That’s a lot to choose from. I would love to move back to Hawaii at some point. It was a beautfiul place and the people are wonderful.
2. What is your best dish you cook?
Chicken Parm (we never say the whole word) with rice and garlic bread adn a veggie on the side. My Kiddies ALL love it and I must say it comes out really good.
3. What is under your bed? (storage, nothing, monsters…)
My old sets of study and reference books for ministry and school.
4. What was the first gift your husband or children ever gave you?
A Tiffany cross and necklace. I loved it. They gave it to me for my 25th Birthday. My youngest broke it when he was about 6 months old while nursing. He grabbed at it and it split in the middle of the chain at a link. I haven’t been able to get it fixed yet.
5. What is one thing you wish you had when your children were infants and one thing you had and didn’t use?
Hmm..I had everything I needed. We did purchase a double stroller when my youngest Girlies was born that I totally wish we left in the store. It was huge and bulky and I couldn’t fit it in any aisles anywhere. So pointless. Live and learn.
6. City, town, or Country, which do you live in?
7. What is your favorite activity?
Spending time with my Hubby and Kiddies. I love simply hanging out in our living room. We all love movies and music so most nights it will be a rotation of the two activities and I absolutely love it.
8. Why do you blog?
I kinda answered this for Anneliese. I need an outlet for that voice in my head. I think every once in a while she has something that may help others and other times she just needs to get her words out into the world.
9. How do you separate blogging with family time?
I try to do my Blogging work before everyone wakes up or late at night. It doesn’t always work out that way but I do try…LOL
10. What is your favorite book?
The Bible AND Little Women
11. Would you rather the weather be sunny or snowing?
Hmm. Sunny BUT I don’t want it to be hot like summer. I love a sunny Fall day with the coolness still there but the sun out just the same.
I nominate you because I think your blogs are great addition to Bloggerville and I love visiting them and seeing things from each of your points of view every now and then 🙂 I hope you choose to accept this Sunshine Award:
My Questions For You:
- Have you received any other Blog Awards? If so, which ones?
- How long have you been a Blogger?
- How often do you post?
- Where is your favorite place to Blog?
- What do you do when you hit a writing wall?
- What is one tip you would give a new Blogger?
- What is the last movie you saw (theater or home)?
- Where is your favorite place to eat out with your family?
- What is your favorite post to date? Include a link.
- What is your favorite Social Media Network?
- My Signature Question: Are you on the Coffee Crew or Team Tea?
Latest posts by TheMrsTee (see all)
- It’s All About You At The Mommy Monday Blog Hop - May 21, 2017
- 7 Tips To Maximize Your LEGOLAND Florida Fun! - May 21, 2017
- Share Your Mother’s Day With The Mommy Monday Blog Hop! - May 14, 2017