So this week has been one of playing catch up and trying to pull myself out of my after vacation laziness. In the huff of it all I totally neglected to schedule a blogger to blogger swap. So, I had to get a bit creative. For this week’s #AskAwayFriday I am answering questions from The Teenager who is set to leave for college within the next few weeks. I told him he could ask anything about what he needs to know whether it be funny, serious or simply curiosity. So, let’s see what The Teenager had for me to answer…
Now to welcome our wonderful #AskAwayFriday hosts…
Tiffany from Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter,
Christy from Uplifting Families,
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
Amber from Bold Fit Mom
Grab our Button, Follow our amazing Hosts and Co-Host then Hop through the great link ups and make some amazing new friends!
This wouldn’t be a swap with a Teenager if he didn’t send his question by text image…LOL Of course he did…so here are the questions from The Teenager:
1) I would say to keep at least $20 on you at all times along with your Debit Card. I wouldn’t carry anymore than that because not only does it tempt you to spend a bit more but I just don’t think it’s safe. I don’t even keep cash on me at all most of the time.
2) LOL..he knows I like to eat out but to save money, especially on a College Freshman income (which means what we send him…LOL) I would definitely say eat it and cook or in your case microwave as much as possible. Also use your meal plan as much as possible.
3) Hmmm… $5 – $10. I don’t think you need much since you will have a meal plan AND you are on campus. You could also have your favorite Pop Tarts and such handy in your room.
4) I think that would be really dependent on the class and what your testing schedule is for each class. You don’t want to become overwhelmed but you also want to be certain you are prepared with each days knowledge. I think 2 hours maybe 3 times a week would be good. You can adjust when you have test, papers, etc. due.
5) LOL – Oh he is trying to be funny because I can never pick a favorite! It would definitely be a 3 way tie between Outback, Olive Garden and PF Changs.
6) Awww! xoxox As often as you want as long as it doesn’t hinder your studies or Marching Band commitments. I wish everyday like always :/
7) I honestly don’t know. I am not good with emotions. I always feel the sadness but showing it is an entirely different thing. I know most Moms would say yes without hesitation but you and I both know I am more likely to give you a hug and just tell you to make sure you call and text me. I may cry later when I’m alone.
8) Hmmm… I know you are already planning out you every free moment to hang with friends and band family so I would hop at least twice a month but as long as you stay in contact with me by phone and text I would understand if you couldn’t.
9) Ramen Noodles? LOL – I don’t want you to eat those too often because they have a lot of sodium them but I know that you will probably rely on them for quick snacks/meals so i would say buy a case at Costco or some other bulk shopping center. **Most likely I will be sending them to you so you don’t really need to worry about it 🙂
10) Okay I asked and he meant to type “What was YOUr (as in my) GPA in college?” I guess he was rushing since his phone was about to die…LOL
I had a 4.0 GPA through College but that took an extreme amount of work, studying and dedication. Not to mention I am a student at heart. I want you to strive for YOUR best not Mine. So if your best is a 3.5 than I will be just as happy as I would be with a 4.0. That said, if I know that you are capable of a 4.0 then I expect you to reach your full potential.
This was kinda fun and I had a blast taking a peek into The Teenager’s brain for a bit!
What advice would you give your son/daughter leaving for College?
What questions do you think they would have for you?
By adding your email to this link up, you will be added to email correspondence that may be sent by one of our hosts, you may opt out at any time.
Host’s reserve the right to remove any links that do not pertain to the #AskAwayFriday theme.
Latest posts by TheMrsTee (see all)
- Top 10 Facebook Groups For Blog Promotion & Growth - August 19, 2017
- Drop Your Links At The Mommy Monday Blog Hop! - August 13, 2017
- Dressing Room Escape - August 13, 2017