#AskAwayFriday is a
place for you to connect with other Bloggers by asking them questions to really
get to know them! Meeting other Bloggers
and making new friends is one of the best parts of this online world!
The rules are simple!
Most importantly, have FUN!
Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County
Amber from Bold Fab Mom
Tiffany from Mrs.TeeLoveLifeLaughter
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
Sarah from Small Town Iowan
This week I am so happy to exchange questions with Ilene from The Fierce Diva Guide To Life. I mean come on, the name alone should announce how awesome Ilene is!
I have been looking forward to my chance to get to know her better since I was introduced to her Blog through her swap with Tamara from Tamara (Like) Camera. You should too, so after you check out my answers here be sure to head over to Ilene’s and check out her answers to my questions.
But First, take a look at the questions Ilene sent over to get to know ME…
1. The two of us are both Northeasterners who are now living in North Carolina (well, you had a stint in Hawaii in between…). Tell me one thing about southern living that surprised you, either for good or for not so good.
How slow everything is. The people, the entertainment, the stores, everything. In New York everyone is in a rush…going somewhere, a deadline to make or an appointment to keep.
Down here there is no rush for anything. It is as if everyone is thinking “I’ll get there when I get there”. At first this was annoying because I am a naturally fast walker and I always felt like I was in the midst of a human traffic jam (especially in the mall). Yet now, I enjoy it. I love not feeling that ‘get there’ pressure.
When I go back home now I always feel too rushed. I don’t think I would ever move back to New York permanently if I had a choice.
2. What do you miss most about the Northeast?
OMGoodness! The FOOD! I miss the true NY Style Pizza, the Chinese Food and the Jamaican Food.
If I order a ‘Regular Slice’ down here they look at me like I’m nuts BUT if I say a cheese slice they pile on extra cheese. Ugh!
3. How would your children describe you to me?
Whew! This is a hard one. I know my Kiddies love me but I tend to be the ‘no fun‘ one who sticks to the schedules, transports and disciplines.
I think they would describe me as I have heard all of them say at least once:
“The Best Momma in The World”
BUT they would also say:
“Momma likes to read” (6 year old)
“Momma doesn’t like messes” (5 year old)
“Momma doesn’t play as much as Daddy” (3 Year Old)
“My Mom expects a lot but she supports me too” (The Teenager)
4. I was surprised to hear that you have only been blogging for 6 months. You have a lot going on, lady! What kind of advice would you give to a brand new blogger?
Thanks! I’m trying my best. I would always tell a new Blogger to be themselves. A Blog is written to draw people in through your experiences and view on life. If you are not writing from your true self who are you drawing your Readers to? Also, how will you keep them?
Portraying yourself as something or someone you aren’t can take a lot of energy and sooner or later that will become overwhelming. So why even start that way? Just present YOU as only you can and I guarantee the Readers, Companies and such who are meant for you will come to you.
5. One of your prior careers was that of an obituary writer. I imagine this can be a difficult job in that you are dealing with grieving families – but also a rewarding one since you get to record the stories of their loved ones for the public. Do you recall the story behind one obituary you wrote over all of the others and if so, why?
Yes. Being an obituary writer had a lot of difficult and rewarding situations but you’d be surprised how many funny ones there were too! 😀
The story that comes to mind first is one of a woman who was trying to submit an Obituary for their Aunt and they wanted to list all of her pets and her next of kin. She had like 15 cats!
The issue came with the fact that the paper didn’t allow what they considered to be fake names. Well this woman hadn’t name her cats Steve or anything so I had to be the one to explain this to her relative and try to make them understand why I couldn’t write it the way they wanted.
It wasn’t fun but it was funny. Even the relative ended up laughing and saying they were only trying to respect her wishes even though they thought it was bit ‘out there’.
6. You’ve recently become a fashion blogger for PrettyInPynk. Tell me about your favorite piece of jewelry in your collection.
Yes! I am so excited! Right now my favorite piece (I have a few…lol) is a little beauty called the Sparkle Black Jeweled Bow Dust Plug. I wrote about it in this week’s ACCESSorize Your Inner Fashionista !
7. You’re a Starbucks Ambassador! I’m a little jealous of that one! What’s your favorite drink from them?
Well I WISH I was a full pledged Ambassador but as of right now I am a Starbucks Affiliate which is still like WHOA to me! 😀
Oh My…my favorite drink? That is so hard to pick since I love several at once. I’ll pick by my most frequently ordered drink! As of today, that would be the Caramel Machiatto (Venti Please!)
8. As far as working with brands is concerned, who would be your “dream brand” to work with?
Well besides actually becoming a Starbucks Ambassador 😉 I would love to work with Disney. My Kiddies are captivated by all things Disney and honestly so am I so working with them would be an amazing opportunity as well as my inner girl’s dream come true!
9. Tell me about your favorite blog post written by a fellow blogger.
Do I really have to pick just one? So tough. My most recent favorite is from Shauna over at MommaCandy. She recently went through a really crazy situation with her Site Domain and this was her reaction. I loved how honest and open she was. Shauna truly spoke what I think a lot of us feel or have felt at some point.
10. Tell me about your favorite blog post written by you.
Hmmm. I have a few that I love for different reasons and they tend to change from week to week. LOL I would say my favorite (today) is An Uneven Exchange – I wrote this a couple weeks ago and it is still with me. Ever since writing it I have noticed how daily I fall short of my end of the relationship with God but how He never fails me. I am so grateful to say I have a God who is there for me no matter how often I may forget or neglect to be there for Him.
Ilene had some really awesome and thought provoking questions for me this week and I am so happy we had this opportunity to get to know each other better. Wait! You still need head over to The Fierce Diva Guide To Life and get to know Ilene. Go on, Go!
Also, if you love #AskAwayFriday and would like to participate or Swap With Me in the future, feel free to drop me a message in the Comments, through my Contact Me or through any of the participating Bloggers and we’ll be sure to let you know how to get started and get connected.
Latest posts by TheMrsTee (see all)
- Spread A Little Kindness | The Mommy Monday Blog Hop - February 18, 2018
- 3 Apps For On-The-Go YouTube Video Editing - February 17, 2018
- A Taste To Remember · Sassool Mediterranean Cafe - February 13, 2018